View cart “Buffon, Comte – 135” has been added to your cart.
Catton, Charles – 010
SKU: catton-010 Category: Wildlife
- Work: Animals Drawn From Nature
- Description: Animal of the Bear Kind
- Date: 1788
- Condition of Plate: Overall Excellent. There is light foxing in the margin that can be matted out almost entirely.
- Condition of Work: Overall Excellent.
- Paper Size: ~16″ by 10.5″
- Image Size: ~12″ by 8″
Charles Catton’s Animals Drawn From Nature
Animals Drawn From Nature was originally published in London in 1788. Drawn by Charles Catton, the coach painter to King George III, these prints were made from the elaborate aquatint process. This allowed for the detail and elegance of the original drawings to show through in the engravings. The Animals… collection contains illustrations of exotic and domestic mammals including lions, bears, cats, and primates. These prints are on fine woven paper measuring 16″ by 10.5″.
|Dimensions||16 × 10.5 in|