Durand, L. – 001
SKU: durand-001 Category: Miscellaneous
- Work: Letterings and Designs for Shop Fronts in Pochoir
- Description: Painting and Glaziery
- Date: Early 1900&rsqujo;s
- Condition of Plate: Overall excellent.
- Condition of Work: Overall excellent.
- Paper Size: 17.5″ by 12.5″
- Image Size: NA
L. Durand & A. Charayron’s Letterings and Designs for Shop Fronts in Pochoir
The vibrant prints from this unusual and rare work are pochoirs of designs for shop fronts. The designs cover all aspects of business including some early for the period such as cinema, a hotel with a parking lot, photographers, cycle shop, plumber and electrician, and the usual array of butchers, bakers, restaurant, etc.
Pochoir is a French word for stenciling. It was introduced to French commercial printing in the late 1800s. The labor intensive process uses up to 250 different stencils to aid the hand application of each color.
The prints are on fine paper measuring approximately 12 1/2″ by 17 1/2″.
|Dimensions||17.5 × 12.5 in|