Durand, L. – 028
SKU: durand-028 Category: Miscellaneous
- Work: Letterings and Designs for Shop Fronts in Pochoir
- Description: Theatre: Opera & Comedy
- Date: Early 1900’s
- Condition of Plate: Overall excellent. There is very light scattered foxing on the right edge, well outside of the image area.
- Condition of Work: Overall excellent.
- Paper Size: 17.5″ by 12.5″
- Image Size: NA
L. Durand & A. Charayron’s Letterings and Designs for Shop Fronts in Pochoir
The vibrant prints from this unusual and rare work are pochoirs of designs for shop fronts. The designs cover all aspects of business including some early for the period such as cinema, a hotel with a parking lot, photographers, cycle shop, plumber and electrician, and the usual array of butchers, bakers, restaurant, etc.
Pochoir is a French word for stenciling. It was introduced to French commercial printing in the late 1800s. The labor intensive process uses up to 250 different stencils to aid the hand application of each color.
The prints are on fine paper measuring approximately 12 1/2″ by 17 1/2″.
|Dimensions||17.5 × 12.5 in|
Please active sidebar widget or disable it from theme option.